Friday, May 1, 2009

My Dragon Just Winked at Me

When my dragon winked at me, I knew it was time to tell you about my dragon and ask you about yours.

What? You don't think you have a dragon? Ouch. My dragon just poked me in the ribs. Gently of course. He reminded me that people don't have dragons, we are dragons. Honest. Don't believe me? Ask your dragon.

We are all see, hear, touch, taste, prove it to me logical beings. Our logical self knows that dragons can't exist. How could they? It's not logical. Of course it isn't logical. Logic mystifies dragons. Dragons are emotional beings and find words difficult.

They talk to us in pictures, music, and ideas that seem to pop into our heads out of nowhere. Now you know where all those neat ideas and dreams come from.

Your dragon never judges, but you can always tell when you are in sync because you feel (remember that dragons are emotional beings) happy, excited, content. When you're sad or angry, it means that you and your dragon are disconnected.

Stop. Don't take your phone off the hook. Dragons love to play. They love to play with us and with other dragons. When we pretend our dragons don't exist. When we ignore them, they don't get mad, they just go to sleep.

Remember when you were a kid and you played with your dragon all the time? As we grow up, adults tell us to be practical. When we believe them (instead of our dragons -- dragons never lie) our dragons doze off into a fitful slumber.

Sometimes your dragon will open one eye and you'll have a sudden insight, but you might not know where it came from. I know my dragon is awake because he winked at me (honest) and poked me in my virtual ribs.

He told me that dragons are social. They love people, especially other dragons. You know that feeling you get when you meet someone and you like them immediately? That's your dragon and their dragon making contact.

Think about this one. My dragon and I were playing and we decided that marriage isn't a partnership after all, it's a quartet. What does your dragon think of this idea?

When you write or engage in any creative activity, where do you think your best ideas come from? There's no such thing as writer's block. When you don't know what to write it's because you aren't listening to your dragon.

4 comments:

  1. I love mine. She helps entertain my little ones while I write :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My muse is the same way, John. Though at the moment, she has no form. (Mostly because I am in a state of flux). I think its pretty much what your personality reflects, that is the being (muse/imaginary friend, etc) will appear as toward any one person.

    *waves* Good post! *grins*

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, there was a time when that mystical dragon once was referred to as "Puff, the Magic Dragon," who "lived by the sea and frolicked in the autumn". But maybe that raging dragon within everyone, the one that breathes fire, is simply passion, or more rightly called "Love"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. St. Thomas Aquinas said the body is contained within the soul, which is quite revolutionary to the way most folks think or assume.

    When you give someone a hug, you know that interval on the edges, where that energy is so connected to the other? I think that's where souls connect. As writers we do that all the time. As people we share experiences that "hit" people deeply - same thing.

    I'll try thinking of my soul as a dragon for a bit: It's powerful, energetic, moving toward something, unencumbered by prey. He moves freely between the real and the spiritual.

    Thanks for awakening the dragon!

    Babs

    ReplyDelete